Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Front Cover Sketch

For this, I have produced some sketches for my school magazine's front cover, I did 3 sketches until I decide on my final one, which is the one at the bottom.
For my first draft, I first draw up the masthead on the top left conner with the school's crist next to it and then I will add the date and price just below the masthead.
There is also going to be a picture of student underneath it, with a headline right below the picture along with other differnt cover lines. I also put in a few speech bubble and try to make it less formal with attracting cover lines in them.
I also draw a bar code on the bottom right conner and later on realize it is unnessary and removed it.
Overall, I think that there is not enough on the front cover to attacts any target audience, it is too plain and formal which might effect the purchases. I like the masthead however I am going to try different ones just to compare them together.
For my second draft,I turned the masthead to the left on side-way, with the picture of student right next to it and just against the top right conner.
I have also changed the size font of the headline and added flags on top of the headline, with 3 different flags of the 3 houses. I have also made the cover more busy and full of interesting cover lines, it will hopfully help to tie in with my target audience. This is why I kept the speech bubble there.
Overall, this has a good layout, however, the masthead looks strange and the picture is not put in the right position, therefore I am going to produce anyother one.
This is the final sketch I did and I like the overall of it and this does not look too formal and I think that the front cover is just enough to attracts target audience.
Overall, I think that I should perhaps add a little more underneath "Highlight of the week", so that the cover will be more filled and interesting.

1 comment: