Friday, 22 January 2010

Kerrang!
First of all, on the front cover, the masthead is written right across the cover, :- “KERRANG”, on top of that there is the strapline saying, :- “ AVENGED SEVENFOLD’S THE REV R.I.P.+ TRIBUTE POSTER, along with a photograph of the person. For the cover photo, there’s a medium close-up picture of Ville Valo in the centre of the magazine with the headline on the right corner saying “Exclusive! “ I NEED REAL LIFE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!” HIM INSIDE VILLE VALO’S SECRET WORLD. “, the picture is in place to firstly attract the customers and then they would read the biggest font that is printed on the front cover… which is the paragraphs about Ville Valo. There are then a few more cover lines on the front cover, such as “SOUNDGARDEN RETURN! THE FULL STORY!”, “PARAMORE FACE THEIR TOUGHEST QUESTIONS EVER!”, “HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD MASKED BERSERKERS ON THE RAMPAGE!” The magazine also has a lot of Boost and Puffs, such as: - “MEGA OMP! JOIN ENTER SHIKARI’S CREW!”, “POSTER SPECIAL!” Those are pretty helpful to attract customers as when magazines come with free poster, it is more likely to attract customers.
Overall, there are not many cover lines on the cover and there are only 3 pictures on total if the cover photo is counted in, I would say the layout of this magazine is okay but it doesn’t look professional, however, this might due to the fact that I am not into music like this, it does not attract me to purchase it, it has a niche target audiences.

Main Task- What Am I going to do?
For my main task, I am going to produce a front cover, a contents page and a middle spread for a music magazine. I am going to first look at the music magazines which are already out in the market, I am then going to produce some drafts for each of them and then choose the final one and put them together and evaluate the overall of my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment